Yes, this really is the view from the Wild Pacific Trail – just a 10 minute walk from the Whale’s Tail.
Why stay at the Whale’s Tail Guest Suites?
- Guaranteed clean and friendly with daily maid service in the mornings.
- All units are smoke-free and pet-free.
- In-room internet connection – bring your laptop! HIGH SPEED WIFI FREE OF CHARGE.
- Cable TV.
- Complimentary coffee and tea in each unit.
- Free parking.
- Guest laundry facility.
- No phones in the units.
- Alarm clocks.
- Hair dryers and irons/ironing boards in each unit.
- Dry room for wet gear.
- At check-in, you will be provided with maps and an orientation of restaurants, must-sees and tour operator information without prompting! This includes our in-house, custom-made restaurant map.
- Central location to downtown on a quiet residential street. Walk to restaurants and shops, whale watching and fishing charters! Ucluelet Small Craft Harbour (Boat Basin) is a 2 minute walk and the Government Dock (Whiskey Dock) is a 5 minute walk.
- Walking distance to the Wild Pacific Trail
- 10 minute drive to Pacific Rim National Park 15 minutes drive to Long Beach at the Pacific Rim National Park. Surfing, beach-combing, and trail walking nearly at your doorstep!
- Short boat trip to the Broken Island Group (Part of the Pacific Rim National Park) – see our links page – many whale watching operators in Ucluelet will take you there!
- 35 minute drive to Tofino.
- Free access to West Coast Fitness Centre. We operate it as a second business (locals use it; paying drop in or membership fees). It has 3000 sq foot harbour view, state of the art gym, indoor pool (unsupervised) and sauna. Tanning bed is available for a fee. Open 9 AM to 9 PM Monday to Saturday and 9 AM to 6 PM on Sundays. It is located at West Coast Motel on the Harbour 1 block away at 279 Hemlock Street.
Our property appeals to all types of guests – regular folk up here on business or pleasure, travelling to surf, work, hike, kayak and fish. All have one thing in common. They look for accommodation that is family-owned, with friendly, down-to-earth service, reliably clean rooms with a home-style feel and awesome location.